Flat panel displays
The mobility revolution is upon us. Thinner smartphones, cheaper tablets or lighter notebooks are just a precursor of what is in store for this new era of portable electronic devices. None of these advances or those to come would be possible without the compact and lightweight qualities of flat panel displays. That’s where Air Liquide steps in.
A new generation of displays
The need to continuously improve the user experience creates demand for a new generation of displays that are cheaper, thinner, lighter, more energy-efficient, flexible and higher in resolution.
Already, advances in display technology have enabled the creation of curved television sets or flexible screens that offer very deep contrast and smart-phones that run twice as long.
A competitive environment
95% of the flat panel display production capacity is shared between Korea, Japan, Taiwan, China and Singapore, making of Asia the epicenter of flat panel display manufacturing.
The Flat Panel Display fabrication environment is among the world's most competitive and technologically complex. Contamination control in air, gas and liquid process streams is becoming ever more critical and the pursuit of process purity crucial.
A reference supplier to the display industry
Air Liquide supports the needs of manufacturers for producing next-generation displays and continues to invest in large high purity nitrogen on-site gas production units to accompany their rapid growth over the long term and propose reliable and safe systems.
Screens are produced in semiconductor-like fabrication plants, also called fabs, which require about 20 electronics specialty materials in very large volumes.
Air Liquide’s offer for flat panel display manufacturers
In all geographies close to its customers, Air Liquide assures a safe, uninterrupted supply of materials and products that include:
- Electronics specialty materials also called specialty gases such as silane, nitrogen trifluoride, and nitrous oxide delivered in Jumbo™ bulk containers
- Ultra high purity carrier gases (produced on-site or delivered by truck) including nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, helium and argon
- Worldwide analytical services to improve our customers’ process and production yields
- Total gas and chemicals management services, enabling our customers to focus on their products through our FabView™ and FabGenius™ offers
- Design, manufacture and installation of all necessary fluid and gas distribution, purification and on-line purity control equipment
Jumbo™ for bulk electronics specialty gases
Jumbo™ turnkey offer illustrates the supply of large volumes of silane and nitrogen trifluoride to display Fabs.
Find out what we can do for your market.
If you have a question about any of our equipment, services or resources, please feel free to call or send us a message.